Napoli 2-1 Juventus: Max Allegri’s side continues nightmare of season start in first game without Cristiano Ronaldo, as Kalidou Koulibaly strikes late to leave Old Lady with just ONE point from first three games
- Juventus have not won any of their first three Serie A games this season
- The Bianconeri played their first game since the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Alvaro Morata opened the scoring in the 10th minute, but Matteo Politano equalized
- But Napoli sealed comeback victory five minutes before the end with Kalidou Koulibaly
- Max Allegri still looking for first win since returning to Juventus as boss
Juventus’ stuttering start to their Serie A season continued on Saturday night after falling to a late defeat at Napoli in their first game since the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo.
Alvaro Morata had given Max Allegri’s team the lead in the 10th minute, but Napoli struck back after the break and equalized through Matteo Politano.
Five minutes before the end, the home side completed the comeback with central defender Kalidou Koulibaly sealing all three points.
The result leaves the Bianconeri with just one point from their first three games after an opening day draw against Udinese and a shocking home defeat to Empoli, with Allegri still looking for his first win since returning as manager.
More to follow…