Entrepreneur behind Cleanse and Co crystal empire shares daily five-minute mental health check to do
The entrepreneur behind a million-dollar crystal empire has revealed the five-minute mental health check she follows every day for success.
Hayley de Angelis, from Melbourne, came up with the idea of spirituality and alternative medicine at the age of 24, when she was at a low point in her life.
She soon realized how much power and strength she drew from reading self-help books and carrying specific crystals in her pocket, and how useful they could be to other people as well.
Now Hayley has gone from packing crystals in her lounge at midnight to the head of a crystal empire that makes more than $700,000 a month.
The entrepreneur behind a million-dollar crystal-rich empire has revealed the five-minute mental health check she follows every day for success (Photo Hayley de Angelis)
There are five things Hayley asks herself every day (pictured) for a quick five-minute mental health check-in
However, there are still five things she does or checks every day to be successful.
‘Here’s my five minute mental health check,’ Hayley posted on Instagram.
As she performs it — ideally every day — she asks herself five different questions, the first of which is “have I been kind to myself and others lately?”
Hayley explained that in the hustle and bustle of life, we often forget to take care of ourselves and the people around us we love.
By asking this question, we force ourselves to consciously consider what we have done on a personal basis to help our own lives and the lives of others.”
Hayley de Angelis, from Melbourne, stumbled upon the idea of spirituality and alternative medicine at age 24 when she was at a low point in her life (her crystals pictured)
The Five-Minute Mental Health Check You Should Do Every Day
Ask yourself these five questions:
1. Have I been kind to myself and others lately?
2. Did I have a good sleep routine?
3. How do I really feel?
4. Did I move my body today?
5. What can I do better?
Source: Cleaning and Co
Hayley (pictured) said it’s good to focus on your sleep and whether you’ve moved your body on any given day
After this, Hayley said she wondered, “Did I have a good sleep routine?”
While you may not think it, sleep affects almost everything we do the next day, and if you don’t religiously clock anywhere from seven to eight hours a night, you can expect to feel exhausted and irritable the next day.
The third question to ask yourself is, “How am I really feeling?”
Taking the time to think about whether you’re really tired or just cranky can help you channel an emotion and move through it.
Then ask yourself if you moved your body that particular day – because exercise always helps to flood the body with endorphins.
Finally, Hayley asks, “What can I do better?” and it might help to write your answer down here.
The 28-year-old now sources everything from rose quartz to jade and howlite from countries such as China, Brazil, Africa and Madagascar (her products pictured)
Hundreds who saw her post thanked the entrepreneur for sharing her advice and said ‘this is so important, thank you’.
“I love this so much, I’m going to make it my daily checklist,” one commented.
‘I like this as a quick check-in,’ added another.
Demand for Cleanse and Co (pictured) products grew rapidly and the company is now a multi-million dollar success story
Hayley started her Cleaning and Co business several years ago, and the 28-year-old now sources everything from rose quartz to jade and howlite from countries like China, Brazil, Africa and Madagascar.
“I started my business by delivering my crystals to a nearby store and working from the living room,” she previously told FEMAIL.
“I would finish my full-time job and pack orders until midnight most nights.
“By the time I was done, my South Melbourne apartment would look like a bomb site.”
Demand for Cleanse & Co’s unique items grew rapidly and Hayley soon began packing orders from her garage.
“We grew very quickly,” the 28-year-old said.
It didn’t take long before there was enough demand to launch a website, and Hayley now employs an impressive 20 people.
“It’s only recently that I’ve taken a moment to sit back and see the size of the company,” Hayley said.
“It’s always been so much fun for me to buy and sell crystals and make candles, so the finances and status of the company were never a concern in the early days.”
However, since its launch, Cleanse and Co has become a multi-million dollar success story, selling millions of dollars worth of crystals every year.
On the Cleanse & Co website, shoppers can find everything from crystal-soaked washes to infused candles, crystal towers and mini ‘healing kits’ (Photo Hayley de Angelis)
On the Cleanse & Co website, shoppers can find everything from crystal-infused laundry detergents to infused candles, crystal towers and mini “healing kits.”
“The most popular items are the crystal-infused candles,” Hayley said, admitting they sell more than 200 a day.
The candles cost $59 each and contain everything from orange calcite for strength to amazonite for balance.
“If you want to dive into crystals, there are three rocks that are a good start,” Hayley said.
“The first is rose quartz, because everyone needs love and self-love in their life and who doesn’t need a pink stone?”
The second stone is a clear quartz, which gives you ‘cleansing energy and is easy to style at home’.
“The third stone everyone needs is howlite, which is great for stress and anxiety,” Hayley said.
“It’s like carrying a little safety blanket in your pocket!”
Visit the website for more information about Cleanse and Co here.
What should you know about common crystals?
* AVENTURINE: The stone of prosperity. Aventurine strengthens leadership qualities and decisiveness. It promotes compassion and empathy and encourages perseverance. Aventurine calms anger and irritation while promoting feelings of well-being, making it an absolutely great stone for almost anything.
* CHEVRON AMETHYST: The travel stone. Chevron amethyst encourages you to look deep within yourself while gently releasing resistance and opening your mind, body and soul. Chevron Amethyst is a protective stone and is perfect to use during meditation or yoga practice, to protect yet encourage physical and spiritual growth.
* RHODONITE: The stone of compassion. Rhodonite stimulates the expression of feelings, connection with loved ones and the removal of guilt and shame. It is an emotional balancer that clears emotional wounds and scars from the past while nurturing and giving love. Rhodonite purifies and activates the heart, making it an excellent stone for communication, elevating your self-confidence and healing heart wounds after a breakup or trauma.
* NEW JADE: The stone of protection. New Jade helps calm the emotional body, release fear and worry. It creates a protective shield against enemies and destructive forces. New Jade helps us to connect with heart and mind and to release blockages or suppressed emotions. This stone is a powerful heart healer making it a perfect stone to wear for protection and in times of stress.
* PINK TOURMALINE: Pink Tourmaline is a stone of love, compassion, emotional healing and self-love. It helps calm your emotions in times of need, and is the perfect stone to wear if you suffer from daily anxiety attacks. This stone is such a strong healing stone because it is often formed in masses of quartz. Quartz naturally strengthens any stone placed nearby, so we regularly recommend Pink Tourmaline to anyone suffering from severe emotional pain pressing on the heart.
Source: Cleaning and Co